Friday, August 15, 2008

New Job!



I know it has been a long time since we posted anything, so we want to catch everyone up on our happenings. Shortly after the 24th of July I started my new job at Ernst & Young. For those of you who don't know, Ernst & Young is an accounting firm that performs financial audits of publicly traded companies, among other things. Since I graduated in Information Systems, I came on in the Technology, Security and Risk Services department. Mostly I support the accountants who do the financial audits by looking at the technical side of companies to make sure proper controls are in place so the financial data of companies is not altered in an unpleasing way. Still with me? I know sounds boring.

I started on the 30th of July and I have really enjoyed the experience. The first month on the job was a pain because it took me away from home, right as we were getting ready to move. I got to come home on the weekends, which was great. The job has been good so far, I'm learning tons. Below is a picture of everyone that started with me and our trainers.

No comments: